SportJeunesse Nova Scotia
If you're not sure of your Local Chapter, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
Qu’est-ce qu’une subvention?
KidSport provides grants to kids (18 years old or younger) from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Nova Scotia provides grants of up to $500 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration and equipment fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will provide a voucher so you can get the right gear from our equipment partner Cleve’s Source for Sports. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration and equipment fees; travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Nova Scotia uses a Notice of Assessment, an endorsement from the Department of Community Services or an endorsement from Indigenous Social Development to determine financial eligibility for grants.
If applying with a Notice of Assessment (one for each parent/guardian in the household) please ensure your total income (Line 15000) does not exceed the cut offs listed below for your family size*:
2 person family - $33,141
3 person family - $40,743
4 person family - $49,467
5 person family - $56,105
6 person family - $63,276
7 person family or more - $70,449
*To calculate family size count the number of parent or parents in the household plus the number of children 18 years or younger Example:
2 person family = 1 parent + 1 child.
3 person family = 1 parent + 2 children OR 2 parents + 1 child
NEW: If your family's financial situation has been impacted due to COVID-19, please submit your most recent Notice of Assessment (2020 tax year) as well as verification that you have applied to, and received any of the following:
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Employment Insurance Benefits
Income Assistance or Indigenous Social Assistance
Temporary Wage Top-Up (Low Income Essential Workers)
Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
Si vous n’êtes pas certain d’être admissible à une subvention, veuillez nous envoyer un courriel à email@example.com.
Que dois-je faire pour demander une subvention?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding. To view a list of eligible sport programs please click here.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Nova Scotia Chapter, or if you are unsure you may apply through the provincial fund
- Remplissez la demande en ligne ou sur papier. Assurez-vous de fournir tous les renseignements demandés, car les demandes incomplètes sont beaucoup plus longues à traiter et peuvent occasionner des retards.
- Completed application will be processed within 30 days of the deadline you're applying for.
- For 2022, our application deadline dates are the first working day in the month of January, March, May, July, September, October and November.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for. You will also receive a notice payment has been sent out by email or mail within 30 days from the deadline you applied for. If you qualified for equipment funding your voucher will be included with your status letter.
Les demandes papier peuvent être envoyées par la poste, par télécopieur ou par courriel :
SportJeunesse Nova Scotia
5516 Spring Garden Rd, 4th Floor
Halifax, NS B3J 1G6
Fax: (902) 425-5606
Phone: (902) 425-5450 ext. 350
Apply Now For 2022
Ou envoyez-nous une demande papier