APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Pictou provides grants of up to $300 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know! If the child needs equipment, we will provide a voucher so you can get the right gear from our equipment partner Cleve’s Source for Sports. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration and equipment fees; travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Pictou uses a Notice of Assessment, an endorsement from the Department of Community Services or an endorsement from Indigenous Social Development to determine financial eligibility for grants.
If applying with a Notice of Assessment (one for each parent/guardian in the household) please ensure your total income does not exceed the cut offs listed below for your family size:
2 person family - $33,141
3 person family - $40,743
4 person family - $49,467
5 person family - $56,105
6 person family - $63,276
7 person family or more - $70,449
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to Cindy.Fraser@munpict.ca.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
- Our application deadline dates are the first working day in the months of January, March, May, July, September, October and November.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
KidSport Pictou County
PO Box 910
Pictou, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 485-6475
Or, send us a paper application: