TORONTO, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020 – Tim Hortons restaurant owners and millions of generous Canadians across the country combined broke a new Smile Cookie record by raising $10.56 million for local charities across the country.
This year in PEI, local Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests helped raise $47,172.83 to support KidSport PEI. This was the third year that Smile Cookies have supported KidSport PEI and this was our biggest year yet. Over 35,000 Smile Cookies were sold on PEI from September 14-20. Thanks to the generosity of Islanders were able to increase Smile Cookie sales by $4,000 in 2020 compared to 2019. These funds will help us get over 100 PEI children into a season of sport! The funds will be used to reduce the financial barriers of sport, and help us get more kids off the sidelines and into the game.
“We were absolutely blown away by the generosity of Canadians for our annual Smile Cookie campaign,” says Tim Hortons Chief Marketing Officer Hope Bagozzi.
Tim Hortons restaurant owners across Canada will be presenting their local charity partners with Smile Cookie cheques throughout the next month.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2019, the Smile Cookie campaign raised a record $9.8 million across Canada
- For over 24 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests have been spreading smiles. The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- Nationally, Tim Hortons restaurant owners support over 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @sportpei
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @KidSportPEI
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @KidSportPEI
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit ca/smile-cookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign
– 30 –
About TIM HORTONS®
In 1964, the first Tim Hortons® restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario opened its doors and Canadians have been ordering Tim Hortons iconic Original Blend coffee, Double-Double ™ coffees, Donuts and Timbits® in the years since. Over the last 55 years, Tim Hortons has captured the hearts and taste buds of Canadians. Tim Hortons is Canada’s largest restaurant chain operating in the quick service industry serving over 5 million cups of coffee every day with 80% of Canadians visiting one of nearly 4,000 Tim Hortons in Canada at least once a month. More than a coffee and bake shop, Tim Hortons is part of the Canadian fabric and guests can enjoy hot and cold specialty beverages – including lattes, cappuccinos and espressos, teas and our famous Iced Capps™ – alongside delicious breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, soups and more. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 restaurants in Canada, the United States and around the world. For more information on Tim Hortons visit TimHortons.ca.