SportJeunesse Kitchener Waterloo
DEMANDER UNE SUBVENTION
Commencez à remplir votre demande ici. Faites défiler l’écran pour en savoir plus sur notre programme et trouver des réponses à toutes vos questions.
Qu’est-ce qu’une subvention?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can take part in eligible dance and sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of dance or sport.
KidSport Kitchener-Waterloo provides grants of up to $300 per child, per year (January 1st – December 31st) towards dance and sport registration fees* and equipment.
*Travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo uses the following requirements in order to determine financial eligibility for grants:
- Participants must live in Kitchener-Waterloo and the program must be located in K-W. However, we may make exceptions for advanced or specialized programs that are not available in K-W
- We must receive the application at least 30 days prior to registration for the dance or sport program. You must complete it accurately and fully otherwise we will return it for completion
- We must approve a KidSport grant before your child begins the dance or sport program session that you apply for
- Include copies of these required documents for each adult in the household along with the application form:
- an income tax Notice of Assessment from CRA for the previous year;
- Canada Child Benefit notice, if you receive that payment; and
- either your three most recent pay stubs, or social assistance or disability statements
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant then please reach out to
Que dois-je faire pour demander une subvention?
Find a dance or sport program that your child would like to join. Then tell the program’s administrator that you will be applying for KidSport funding. In some cases, they can hold a spot for them.
- Cliquez ici our trouver votre section locale de SportJeunesse ou pour savoir si votre localité est couverte par le fonds provincial.
- Apply online or use the downloadable paper application form. Be sure to complete all sections of the application. Incomplete applications take much longer to process and can lead to a delay in receiving the grant
- We will process your completed application within 30 days of receiving it. If you qualify for KidSport funding, we will send the grant funds directly to the dance or sport organization
You can submit a paper application by mail or e-mail:
SportJeunesse Kitchener Waterloo
c/o The Family Centre, 65 Hanson Avenue, Kitchener ON N2C 2H6
Présentez une demande maintenant
Ou envoyez-nous une demande papier
We’re always happy to answer your questions – please send an email with your question to email@example.com.
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo gives grants to families to help remove financial barriers to dance and sport.
KidSport grants help cover the cost of registration and equipment fees, So ALL Kids Can Play!
KidSport grants cover the cost of dance and sport registration and equipment fees for qualified families.
Grants are intended to remove financial barriers to eligible dance and sport programs but do not apply to transportation or tournament fees.
KidSport supports participation in over 80 sports. Eligible organized sport clubs must be affiliated with a provincial sport organization and programs must be a minimum of 5 weeks long.
If you would like to check if a sport program or club qualifies for funding, please contact us.
Kitchener and Waterloo only.
You must apply for KidSport funding at least 30 days before the registration date for a sport or dance program.
Each organization is different and many require that KidSport funding be received before the program start date. Therefore, you should apply for a KidSport grant as soon as possible since it can take up to 30 days to process the application.
If you applied online, an automatic, system-generated email with your approval information will be sent to you.
If you applied offline (with an emailed PDF form or a printed form), you must include your email address in order to receive written confirmation of your approval.
You can access your Notice of Assessment and Canada Child Benefit notice through l’ARC
We strongly recommend this option because it is free and the fastest way to obtain your income statement.
Vous pouvez aussi demander de recevoir votre relevé par la poste.
NEW: If COVID-19 measures have impacted your family’s financial situation, please submit your most recent Notice of Assessment (2018 or 2019) as well as verification that you have applied to and received any of the following:
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Income Assistance or Indigenous Social Assistance
- Temporary Wage Top-Up (Low Income Essential Workers)
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
If your family lives outside of the area we cover then you can apply to the KidSport Provincial Fund. The provincial fund works like a big chapter and covers all communities that do not have a KidSport chapter.
Yes, we store all your personal information securely and destroy it once appropriate. Our online application system is secure and trustworthy.
In addition, KidSport and our partners will never sell or share your personal data.