DEMANDER UNE SUBVENTION
Commencez à remplir votre demande ici. Faites défiler l’écran pour en savoir plus sur notre programme et trouver des réponses à toutes vos questions.
Qu’est-ce qu’une subvention?
- Children 18 and younger could be eligible for up to $500 per child, per calendar year (January – December). Parent/guardians may apply more than one time in a calendar year but the total amount of grant(s) that will be given will not exceed $500
- Sport activities must be affiliated with the member sport organizations of Sport BC and demonstrate a sustained sport experience (a season of sport led by a qualified coach) for a minimum of 6 weeks and include at least one session per week. For a list of eligible sports, please visit: https://sportbc.com/members/
- Base registrations fees only are eligible. Camps, tryouts, equipment, travel, fundraising and championships do not qualify.
- Applications must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport and proof of registration/fees is required.
KidSport™ considers the social and economic barriers facing the athlete’s family when determining eligibility for funding.
*Statistics Canada's Low-Income Guidelines (LICO) are used as a guideline to determine financial eligibility. If your income is higher, or if your income has changed since your last NOA, extenuating circumstances can be taken into account, please provide details with your application.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant or if your financial circumstances have changed since your previous years assessments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Que dois-je faire pour demander une subvention?
1. Register your child in a sport program. If you are unable to register without payment, please obtain confirmation of space availability & fees from the program registrar.
2. Apply online here. If you are unable to apply online, please complete the paper application here. Completed paper application can be emailed to: email@example.com. Paper applications may take longer to process, especially if all fields are not properly completed.
3. Proof of income must be provided. This is your most recent Notice of Assessments for all supporting adult household members and your Canada Child Tax Benefit Statement or a Financial Endorser. (see note below)
4. Proof of registration & fees must be uploaded.
5. Please allow up to 60 days for notification of application status. Incomplete & paper applications will take longer.
- The parent/guardian, or sport organization must notify the KidSport Chapter in their area or KidSport BC if the athlete withdraws from the sport activity.
- The grant must be used by the athlete for whom the grant was approved – no portion of the grant can be transferred to someone else.
- If the application has been approved, KidSport will issue funds directly to the sport organization on behalf of the child. If you have already paid, please contact the organization for a refund.
If you have any questions about eligibility or the application process you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all applications you will need to provide:
1. CRA Notice of Assessment from the most recent tax year for all supporting household members. To obtain your most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 or log into your CRA Account online
2. Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice for the most recent tax year.
3. You may also be asked to provide a Financial Endorsement and or/further questions to determine eligibility
- The endorser acts as an objective third party who is familiar with the athlete’s family and is in a professional position to assess the social and economic barriers of the family
- An Endorser can be a professional in social work or family services, a school administrator (principal or vice-principal) or counsellor, a senior recreation administrator, accountant, law enforcement officer, social worker, a registered physician, religious leader, or a social servicing organization.
- Endorsers other than those listed may be considered if a written letter from the potential Endorser outlining the financial need of the family is included with the application
- Endorsers cannot be associated with the sports organization, and they cannot be a family member.
Privacy and Confidentiality
KidSport™ respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport™ grants. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport™ personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted to process the application. Statistics are reported at the regional, provincial, and national level. Individuals are not personally identified. By completing this application form you agree to have all collected information stored in our online database system.
Please review "How Do I Apply" section carefully and gather up all your documents before you start your application
If you are unable to access the online application, you can send us a paper application.
Please note that paper applications may take longer to process.
It is critical that all fields are fully completed and required documentation attached in order to minimize delays.
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to: email@example.com.