APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Tri-Cities provides grants of up to $400 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding. At this time, KidSport does not fund lessons; eligible activities must be "sport-like" and eligible organizations must be members of SportBC.
Our chapter uses current Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment(s) and a Financial Verification Endorser to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
Please ensure that if you are applying as a married parent, you have submitted the financial documents as per above of BOTH parents.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Do I Apply?
- Click here to review the application guidelines.
- Find a sport program your child would like to join and (ideally) sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Before starting the application, you will need the following documents on hand: your NOA, your spouse's NOA (if applicable), and a copy of the registration fees. These will need to be downloaded or scanned (or take a clear picture of them) and uploaded with the application. We recognize that you may be struggling more this year than previous years because of COVID-19. If your income for 2021 is lower than your income for 2020, please provide some kind of documentation that shows that your income is now within our low income cut-offs – two consecutive pay stubs, layoff notice, etc – and we’ll consider this.
- Apply online - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- When your application is received, we will ask that your Endorser complete an online form. A link will be sent to you, and you will forward that to your Endorser.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your child has signed up for.
Or, send us a paper application
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org.