APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Tri-Cities provides grants of up to $400 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
Our chapter uses Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment(s) or a Financial Verification Endorser to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
Please ensure that if you are applying as a married parent, you have submitted the financial documents as per above of BOTH parents.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your child would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to review the application guidelines. Section 4 is not required when applying online.
- Before starting the application, you will need the following documents on hand: your NOA, your spouse's NOA (if applying as a married couple), and a copy of the registration fees. These will need to be scanned and uploaded with the application.
- Apply online - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your child has signed up for.
Or, send us a paper application
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to: email@example.com.