KidSport Fort Saskatchewan
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Fort Saskatchewan provides grants of up to $400 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Fort Saskatchewan uses the Canadian Low Income guidelines (before Tax plus 30%) to determine financial eligibility for grants (Line 236 of your tax assessment).
- 2 person household - max $41,951
- 3 person household - max $51,574
- 4 person household - max $62,617
- 5 person household - max $71,019
- 7 person household - max $80,097
- 8+ person household - max $89,177
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Attach proof of registration (if possible as this will speed up processing of applications).
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by dropping it off at the Minor Sports Office or e-mail it directly to us.
Minor Sports Office, 10013 96 Ave, Fort Sask. (East side of JRC)
Or, send us a paper application: