APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Parkland provides grants of up to $300 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Parkland uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
Preferred financial verification:
- Most recent Notice of Assessment for ALL adults in household. (use line 236, taxable income)
- Canada Child Tax Benefit notice pg 1/2
- Children/youth from families on low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support and/or working hard to make ends meet are all considered eligible. KidSport Parkland considers social and economic barriers facing the child’s family when determining eligibility.The maximum family income for KidSport Parkland funding is $45,000 for one child, and follows the Low Income cut-offs (LICO) before tax depending on family size or extenuating circumstances.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail or e-mail:
Po Box 30064
Stony Plain, Alberta
Po Box 30064
Or, send us a paper application: