apply for a Grant
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. The KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund provides grants of up to $250 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Alberta uses the federal government low income guidelines plus approximately 30% to determine eligibility.
To determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund, the applicant needs to submit one of the following documents. Proof of income for each adult in the home is required.
- Canada Child Benefit Notice-page 1 and 2 most recent tax year
- Proof of Income Statement-each adult in the home- accessed through CRA My Account
- Notice of Assessment-each adult in the home-most recent tax year
- Income Support
- Subsidized Housing
- Child Health Benefit letter
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Alberta chapter then go to the correct chapter page.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
Box 36107 Lakeview RPO, Calgary, AB T3E 7C6
Or, send us a paper application: