apply for a Grant
Please check this list to see what chapter covers the area you live in.
If your community doesn’t have a local chapter yet, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
Please apply to the local chapter that covers the area you live in.
The Government of Alberta is providing $3M in funding to KidSport Alberta through the Every Kid Can Play Program. Together, we are working to keep sport affordable and accessible for Alberta kids and their families. Thanks to the support of the Government of Alberta, we will be able to assist more kids into sport in 2023! The application process will remain the same as usual.
Families can apply online using our application portal or by submitting a paper application. Please note: this funding is accesssed through our KidSport Grant and is done through the same application process.
For more information on our KidSport Grants, keep scrolling through this page.
the isca kidsport fund
Both KidSport Alberta and the ISCA recognize the importance of doing more to assist Indigenous children into sport. They are committed to doing their part by providing funding for sport registration fees to help break down one of the many barriers of sport participation.
For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit our ISCA KidSport Fund Page
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. The KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund provides grants of up to $350 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
The application deadline for 2023 will be in mid-December. Please apply by mid-December to ensure funds are sent to your sport club before the end of the year.
KidSport Alberta uses the federal government low income guidelines plus approximately 50% to determine eligibility.
To determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund, the applicant needs to submit one of the following documents. Proof of income for each adult in the home is required.
- Canada Child Benefit Notice-page 1 and 2 most recent tax year
- Proof of Income Statement-each adult in the home- accessed through CRA My Account
- Notice of Assessment-each adult in the home-most recent tax year
- Income Support
- Subsidized Housing
- Child Health Benefit letter
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Alberta chapter then go to the correct chapter page.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
Box 36107 Lakeview RPO, Calgary, AB T3E 7C6
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or watch the video below to learn how to apply!