KidSport Slave Lake
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Slave Lake provides grants of up to $300 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Alberta uses the federal government low income guidelines plus approximately 30% to determine eligibility.
To determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the KidSport Slave Lake, the applicant needs to submit one of the following documents. Proof of income for each adult in the home is required.
- Canada Child Benefit Notice-page 1 and 2 most recent tax year
- Proof of Income Statement-each adult in the home- accessed through CRA My Account
- Notice of Assessment-each adult in the home-most recent tax year
- Income Support
- Subsidized Housing
- Child Health Benefit letter
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
PO Box 814
Slave Lake, Alberta
PO Box 814
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or watch the video below to learn how to apply!