APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
- Children 18 and younger could be eligible for up to $500 per child, per calendar year (January – December). Parent/guardians may apply more than one time in a calendar year but the total amount of grant(s) that will be given will not exceed $500
- Sport activities must be affiliated with the member sport organizations of Sport BC and demonstrate a sustained sport experience (a season of sport led by a qualified coach) for a minimum of 6 weeks and include at least one session per week. For a list of eligible sports, please visit: https://sportbc.com/members/
- Camps, travel to playoffs, fundraising, championships, and dance do not qualify.
- Applications must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport
- Equipment requests should be applied for within the same season as the application for registration fees. We do not accept equipment requests alone.
KidSport™ considers the social and economic barriers facing the athlete’s family when determining eligibility for funding.
*Statistics Canada's Low-Income Guidelines (LICO) are used as a guideline to determine financial eligibility. If your income is higher, extenuating circumstances can be taken into account, please provide details with your application.
How Do I Apply?
1. Register your child in a sport program.
- You will need to submit your Notice of Assessment from the most recent tax year that shows line 15000 for all income earners in the household. To obtain your most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 or log into your CRA Account online.
For the paper application you will need to provide either Financial Verification OR Endorser Verification. Please see details below.
Financial Verification – please include one of the following:
- Your Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the most recent tax year showing line 15000 for all income earners in the home. To obtain a copy of your NOA, contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 or log into your CRA Account online.
- Proof of foster parent status
- Proof of income or disability assistance
- Have an endorser complete and sign Section 4 of the paper application. The endorser acts as an objective third party who is familiar with the athlete’s family and is in a professional position to assess their social and economic barriers
- An endorser can be a professional in social work or family services, a school administrator (principal or vice-principal) or counsellor, a senior recreation administrator, accountant, law enforcement officer, social worker, a registered physician, religious leader, or a social servicing organization.
- Endorsers other than those listed may be considered if a written letter from the Endorser outlining the financial need of the family is included with the application
- Endorsers cannot be associated with the sports organization, and they cannot be a family member.
Nelson, BC V1L 5P7
Applications can also be dropped off at: Indoor Soccer facility, 308 Cedar St
3. Please allow up to 60 days for notification of application status
4. The parent/guardian, or sport organization must notify the KidSport Chapter in their area or KidSport BC if the athlete withdraws from the sport activity. The grant must be used by the athlete for whom the grant was approved – no portion of the grant can be transferred to someone. If the application has been approved, KidSport will issue funds directly to the sport organization on behalf of the child.
5. If you have any questions about eligibility or the application process you can email us at: email@example.com.
Privacy and Confidentiality
KidSport™ respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport™ grants. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport™ personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted to process the application. Statistics are reported at the regional, provincial, and national level. Individuals are not personally identified. By completing this application form you agree to have all collected information stored in our online database system.
Or, send us a paper application: