KidSport North Peace (Fort St. John)
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport North Peace (Fort St. John) provides grants of up to $300 per eligible child, per season of sport towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport North Peace (Fort St. John) uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Online Applications require financial information / verification. Please have electronic copies (or photos) of your most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment ready to upload.
- Paper Applications require an Income Verification Endorser to sign off that they are in agreement that your family is in financial need. Please refer to the application form for details on who can be an Endorser.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
10631 - 100th Street
Fort St. John
10631 - 100th Street
Or, send us a paper application: