APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Penticton provides grants of up to $400 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Penticton uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Before you start: Ensure you know what sport organization your child will join, the specific length of season, and the exact registration fee associated with the season (remember that we cover registration fees, NOT funding related to equipment, volunteering, fundraising or travel).
- - Note that your most recent Notice of Assessment MUST be attached to your application form. We cannot process your electronic application without proof of income.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application
Penticton Community Centre
325 Power St. Penticton
or by mail:
PO Box 1113 Stn Main
Penticton BC V2A 6J9
Or, send us a paper application: