APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport Richmond provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers, so the child can participate in registered community sport program and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Richmond provide a grant(s) of up to $700 per eligible child, per calendar year towards community sport registration fees. Grants are paid directly to the Sport Organization which will in turn allocate the grant money towards your fees.
If you need equipment in order to play? Then please apply to the Canadian Tire Jump Start Program.
KidSport Richmond grants are ONLY for community sport registration fees. Lessons, camps, equipment and travel to playoffs are NOT eligible for funding.
KidSport Richmond uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Applicants will be considered when, without KidSport assistance, the child would NOT be able to participate in sport.
- Youth and children ages 18 and under who reside in the City of Richmond.
- Application MUST be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport.
- The community sport MUST demonstrate a sustained season of play which is defined as a minimum of 10 weeks of physical activity.
- The community sport organization MUST be affiliated with the member PSO (Provincial Sport Organization) of Sport BC.
- Applicants must meet the Low Income cut-off financial thresholds as adapted from Stats Canada national income surveyor have their eligibility confirmed by a qualifying financial verification endorser as indicated on the paper application form.Low Income Cut-Off Thresholds used by KidSport Richmond
# in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6
Max Household Income $35,000 $48,000 $58,000 $66,000 $74,000 $82,000
- Applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Camps, equipment, lessons, transportation, travel or tournament fees are NOT eligible for funding.
- A successful applicant may be funded up to a maximum of $700 per calendar year. An applicant can receive more than one grant per year, but the total can NOT be more than $700 in the calendar year.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for a KidSport Richmond Grant.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application. Incomplete applications take much longer to process for the application will likely be sent back to you to be completed, and this an cause delays in you receiving a grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 45 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport Richmond funding, the grant will be sent directly to the local community sport organization in which your child has registered.
- You can submit a paper application by regular mail or by e-mail:
PO Box #162
Unit #185 - 9040 Blundell Road
PO Box #162
Or, send us a paper application: