KidSport Surrey / White Rock
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Surrey / White Rock provides grants of up to $400 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Surrey/White Rock uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Applicants will be considered when, without KidSport assistance, the child would not be able to participate in sport.
- Youth and children ages 18 and under who reside in Surrey or White Rock.
- Application must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport.
- The sport organization must be affiliated with the member PSO (Provincial Sport Organization) of Sport BC.
- Applicants must meet the Low Income cut-off financial thresholds as adapted from Stats Canada national income surveyor have their eligibility confirmed by a qualifying financial verification endorser as indicated on the paper application form.
Low Income Cut-Off Thresholds used by KidSport Surrey/White Rock
# in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6
Max Household Income $35,000 $48,000 $58,000 $66,000 $74,000 $82,000
- Applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Camps, equipment, lessons, transportation, travel or tournament fees are NOT eligible for funding.
- A successful applicant may be funded up to a maximum of $400 per calendar year. An applicant can receive more than one grant per year, but the total can not be more than $400 in the calendar year.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com .
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 60 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail or e-mail:
PO Box 39536 White Rock
PO Box 39536 White Rock
Or, send us a paper application: