KidSport Williams Lake
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Williams Lake provides grants of up to $200 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Williams Lake uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Child must be under 18 years of age.
- Sport being applied for must be on the list of SportBC approved sports.
- If applying for hockey, child must be in Init A or Init B leagues. All other leagues are covered by JumpStart.
- If applying on-line, must meet the financial threshold outlined on the application form.
- If using a paper application form, the form must be fully completed before it can be accepted.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application in the following ways:
- Mail or deliver it to the Cariboo Memorial Complex - 525 Proctor Street, Williams Lake, BC. V2G 4J1.
- Fax it to the Cariboo Memorial complex at (250) 392-7884.
- Email it directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, send us a paper application: