KidSport Nova Scotia
If you're not sure of your Local Chapter, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids (18 years old or younger) from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Nova Scotia provides grants of up to $300 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration and equipment fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will provide a voucher so you can get the right gear from our equipment partner Cleve’s Source for Sports. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration and equipment fees; travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Nova Scotia uses a Notice of Assessment, an endorsement from the Department of Community Services or an endorsement from Indigenous Social Development to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
If applying with a Notice of Assessment (one for each parent/guardian in the household) please ensure your total income does not exceed the cut offs listed below for your family size:
2 person family - $32,899
3 person family - $40,455
4 person family - $49,106
5 person family - $55,695
6 person family - $62,814
7 person family or more - $69,953
*To calculate family size count the number of parent or parents in the household plus the number of children 18 years or younger (example: 2 person family = one parent + one child. 3 person family = one parent + two children OR two parents + one child).
NEW: Proof of registration is required for all applications.
If your family's financial situation has been impacted due to COVID-19, please submit your most recent Notice of Assessment (2019) as well as verification that you have applied to, and received any of the following:
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Employment Insurance Benefits
Income Assistance or Indigenous Social Assistance
Temporary Wage Top-Up (Low Income Essential Workers)
Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding. To view a list of eligible sport programs please click here.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Nova Scotia Chapter, or if you are unsure you may apply through the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of the deadline you're applying for.
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 calendar year. For 2021, our application deadline dates are the first working day in the month of January, March, May, July, September, October and November.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
KidSport Nova Scotia
5516 Spring Garden Rd, 4th Floor
Halifax, NS B3J 1G6
Fax: (902) 425-5606
Apply Now For 2021
Or, send us a paper application: