APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Queens provides grants of up to $500 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know! If the child needs equipment, we will provide a voucher so you can get the right gear from our equipment partner Cleve’s Source for Sports. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration and equipment fees; travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding
KidSport Queens uses a CRA Notice of Assessment as the primary document to determine financial eligibility for grants.
We also accept Social Income Assistance Statement, an endorsement from the Department of Community Services, or an endorsement from Indigenous Social Development to determine financial eligibility for grants, if applicable.
If applying with a Notice of Assessment (one for each parent/guardian in the household) please ensure your total income (line 15000) does not exceed the cut offs listed below for your family size:
2 person family - $34,254
3 person family - $42,111
4 person family - $51,128
5 person family - $57,989
6 person family - $65,401
7 person family or more - $72,814
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding. To view a list of eligible sport programs please click here. Please note that dance, swimming lessons, competition fees and travel fees are not eligible for funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of the deadline you're applying for.
- Our application deadline dates are the first working day in the months of January, March, May, June, July, September, October and November.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
C/o Amanda Fisher
PO Box 156 Brooklyn, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 425-5606
Drop off location:
Liverpool Regional High School
Or, send us a paper application:
January 3, March 1, May 1, June 1,
July 3, September 1, October 2, and November 1