KidSport Fort Frances
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in organized sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Fort Frances provides grants of up to $350 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment to play? Let us know, and we might also be able to help through our gently used equipment swap. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Fort Frances reviews the financial barriers faced by the child’s family when determining eligibility for grants .
NOTE: In addition to the documentation required, KidSport Fort Frances will be verifying the following information from the Sport Organization for your health and safety:
- That provincial government has allowed for sport to resume
- That the municipality has allowed for sport to resume
- That the governing body (PSO) has publically released a Return-To-Play procedure that member organizations must follow
- That the sport group has a publically posted Return-to-Play procedure
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your child would like to join and sign up. Let the sport program know you will be applying for KidSport funding. An application to KidSport does not register your child with the sport club. You must complete a KidSport application and the sport club registration to ensure your child is registered with the sport club.
- Apply online or use the paper application form. Be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 14 days of being received.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your child has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
In-person: c/o 396 Scott St., Fort Frances, ON
Telephone: 807-274-9827 ext. 303638 or 303637
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer
Call Elaine or Jacqueline at
(ext. 303638 or 303637 )
or send an email to: email@example.com