APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Hamilton provides grants of up to $200 per eligible child per year for recreational/house league sport programs and up to $300 per eligible child per year for competitive/representative sport programs (January 1 - December 31) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel, equipment, and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Hamilton reviews the financial barriers faced by the child’s family when determining eligibility for grants.
NOTE: In addition to the documentation required, KidSport Hamilton will be verifying the following information from the Sport Organization for your health and safety:
- That provincial government has allowed for sport to resume
- That the municipality has allowed for sport to resume
- That the governing body (Provincial Sport Organizations) has publicly released a Return-To-Play procedure that member organizations must follow
- That the sport group has a publicly posted Return-to-Play procedure
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 6 weeks of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
PO Box 57060
Jackson Station Post Office
2 King St. W.
Hamilton, ON L8P 4W9
PO Box 57060
Or, send us a paper application: