APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.APPLY ONLINE NOW
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport London provides grants of up to $250 per eligible child, per year (January 1st – December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport London reviews the financial barriers faced by the child’s family when determining eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
NOTE: In addition to the documentation required, KidSport London will be verifying the following information from the Sport Organization for your health and safety:
- That provincial government has allowed for sport to resume
- That the municipality has allowed for sport to resume
- That the governing body (PSO) has publically released a Return-To-Play procedure that member organizations must follow
- That the sport group has a publically posted Return-to-Play procedure
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com .
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form – be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
316 Rectory St
Apply NowAPPLY ONLINE NOW
Or, send us a paper application:PAPER APPLICATION
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions – please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org .
COMMON QuestionsHow does KidSport help? Expand
KidSport London gives grants to families to help remove financial barriers to sport. KidSport grants help cover the cost of registration fees, So ALL Kids Can Play!What does a KidSport grant cover? Expand
KidSport grants cover the cost of sport registration fees for qualified families. Grants are intended to remove financial barriers to sport programs, and cannot be applied to transportation, or tournament fees.What sports are eligible? Expand
KidSport Ontario supports participation in over 80 sports. Eligible organized sport programs and clubs must be affiliated with the provincial sport organization/body and be a minimum of eight (8) weeks in duration. If you would like to verify if a sport program/club qualifies for funding please contact the provincial office.What communities are covered by KidSport London? Expand
KidSport London provides grants to help children participate in sports programs based in London, Ontario.When is the deadline to apply? Expand
You must register your kid in a sports program prior to applying for KidSport funding. Each program is different, but many do require that KidSport funding be received prior to the program’s start date. You should apply for a KidSport grant as soon as possible after your kid has been registered, as it can sometimes take up to 30 days for applications to be processed.
KidSport grants cannot be applied to programs that have already ended.How will I know if the application has been approved? Expand
If you have applied online, you will be sent an automatic, system-generated email with your approval information.
If you have applied offline (in-person, through an emailed PDF form, or through a printed form), you must include your email address in order to receive confirmation of your approval.How do I demonstrate financial eligibility? Expand
We strongly recommend this option, as it is free, and the fastest way to obtain your statement.
You may also request your statement by mail.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Income Assistance or Indigenous Social Assistance
- Temporary Wage Top-Up (Low Income Essential Workers)
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
If your family lives outside of the area we cover, you can apply to the KidSport Provincial Fund. The provincial fund works like a big chapter, and covers all communities that do not already have a KidSport chapter.Is my information kept private and confidential? Expand
Yes, all your personal information will be stored securely and destroyed once appropriate. Our online application system is secure and trustworthy. KidSport and our partners will never sell or share your personal data.