If your community doesn’t have a local chapter yet, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Ontario provides grants of up to $250 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Ontario reviews the financial barriers faced by the child’s family when determining eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
NOTE: In addition to the documentation required, KidSport Ontario will be verifying the following information from the Sport Organization for your health and safety:
- That provincial government has allowed for sport to resume
- That the municipality has allowed for sport to resume
- That the governing body (PSO) has publically released a Return-To-Play procedure that member organizations must follow
- That the sport group has a publically posted Return-to-Play procedure
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com .
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Ontario, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail or e-mail:
PO Box 93004 Headon RPO
PO Box 93004 Headon RPO
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions - please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Current Application Deadline:
The deadline is December 1, 2021, for all programs taking place between January 1- March 31, 2022
KidSport Ontario is no longer accepting applications for the remainder of 2021