If your community doesn’t have a local chapter yet, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Ontario provides grants of up to $250 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st – December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Ontario reviews the financial barriers faced by the child’s family when determining eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund, based on the federal government low income guidelines plus approximately 30%.
To determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund, the applicant needs to submit one of the following documents. Proof of income for each adult in the home is required.
- Canada Child Benefit Notice-page 1 and 2 most recent tax year
- Proof of Income Statement-each adult in the home- accessed through CRA My Account
- Notice of Assessment-each adult in the home-most recent tax year
- Income Support
- Subsidized Housing
- Child Health Benefit letter
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
How Do I Apply?
- Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Ontario, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form – be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail or e-mail:
PO Box 93004 Headon RPO
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions – please send an email with your question to email@example.com .
The next deadline is March 31st, 2024 for all programs starting between April- June 2024.
KidSport Ontario gives grants to families to help remove financial barriers to sport. Since 1993, we have helped nearly 1 million kids off the sidelines and into a season of sport!
KidSport grants cover the cost of sport registration fees for qualified families. Grants are intended to remove financial barriers to sport programs, and cannot be applied to transportation or tournament fees.
KidSport Ontario supports participation in over 80 sports. Eligible organized sport programs and clubs must be affiliated with the provincial sport organization/body and be a minimum of eight (8) weeks in duration. If you would like to verify if a sport program/club qualifies for funding please contact the provincial office.
KidSport Ontario has 18 chapters, each serving their local community. Communities that do not yet have a KidSport chapter are covered by the KidSport Ontario Provincial Fund. Not sure where to apply? Click the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to see a list of our chapters.
You must register your kid in a sports program prior to applying for KidSport funding. Each program is different, but many do require that KidSport funding be received prior to the program’s start date. You should apply for a KidSport grant as soon as possible after your kid has been registered, as it can sometimes take up to 30 days for applications to be processed.
The next deadline is March, 31st 2024 for all spring programs.
KidSport grants cannot be applied to programs that have already ended.
If you have applied online, you will be sent an automatic, system-generated email with your approval information.
If you have applied offline (through an emailed PDF form or through a printed form), you must include your email address in order to receive confirmation of your approval.
We strongly recommend this option, as it is free, and the fastest way to obtain your statement. You may also request your statement by mail.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Income Assistance or Indigenous Social Assistance
- Temporary Wage Top-Up (Low Income Essential Workers)
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
If your family lives outside of the area we cover, you can apply to the KidSport Provincial Fund. The provincial fund works like a big chapter, and covers all communities that do not already have a KidSport chapter.
Yes, all your personal information will be stored securely and destroyed once appropriate. Our online application system is secure and trustworthy. KidSport and our partners will never sell or share your personal data.