APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Saskatoon provides grants of up to $500 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Saskatoon uses the following eligibility requirements to determine eligibility for grants:
- Families that are low-income and facing financial barriers.
- Grants are for children and youth 5 to 18 years of age.
- Amateur sport programs.
- The sport activity has not started.
- Costs related to equipment, camps, travel, tournaments, clothing, championships, high performance, fundraising fees do not qualify.
- Dance is not covered.
- Generally accepted sport activities are those recognized and/or sanctioned by the member organizations of Sask Sport Inc.
If you are unsure to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com .
Or, send us a paper application:
Friday, December 11, 2020
Friday, January 15, 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
Need Some Help?
How Do I apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding. It will be up to the sport if they allow registration prior to registration fees being paid.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or if your community is not listed please apply to the provincial fund.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant. You must apply prior to the start of the sport.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
KidSport Saskatoon 510 Cynthia Street
510 Cynthia Street
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click Apply Online Now button.
- You will be required to set up a profile using your email address.
- Once you have registered your email, a verification message will be sent to your email, and will include your temporary password. The password can be changed when you login.
- When you start your new application, click Chapter by List and choose your KidSport chapter.
- Your application can be saved at any time while filling it out. If you don’t have all of the information requested, you can save and return.
- Once you have completed the full application, click submit.
KidSport can provide a Program Grant to support sport programs offered through a Sport Organization, Youth Agency or Community Association that maximizes participation opportunities for eligible KidSport kids.
The use of KidSport funds must be compatible with the goals and objectives of KidSport with regards to servicing youth from financially disadvantaged families and ages 5-18 years being inclusive of financial support.
See application for full details.