KidSport Alberta is a multi-sport children’s charity that provides financial assistance for registration fees to sport programs for kids aged 18 and under. We are a community-based program with KidSport chapters in 38 communities across Alberta. Our staff and over 300 volunteers believe that all kids should have the opportunity to enjoy the lifelong benefits of sport participation.
The Financial Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to operate KidSport Alberta. This is a multi-faceted leadership position which is vital to the success of the KidSport program in communities
across Alberta. It is a full-time position based out of Calgary or Edmonton.
The candidate should have a passion for sport and believe in the life-long benefits that kids get from participating. Ideally, the candidate will have 2-5 years work experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
In addition, we will be looking for as many of the following skills and attributes as possible:
• Post secondary education in an accounting related field, or a combination of education and related experience
• Experience with SAGE Software
• Experience with non-profit organizations
• Experience working with volunteers
• Experience with online donation platforms and online application platforms
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of CRA charitable sector expectations
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
1. Financial Management
o Processing entries
o Accounts payable/receivable
o Month-end and year-end adjustments
o Process expense claims
o Account and bank reconciliations
o Coordinate payroll and benefits programs
o Assist chapter volunteer treasurers
o Annual budget assistance to the Executive Director
o Annual provincial and national audit preparation
2. Donor Management
o Manage online donation platform
o Determine eligibility for tax receipts and issue tax receipts for offline donations
o Review third party agreements for Alberta chapters
3. Application Management
o Manage KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund
o Manage Alberta online application system
4. General Administrative Support
o General applicant inquiries (toll free phone number and emails)
o Workers Compensation Board Reporting
o Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission Financial Reporting
o Administrative Support to the Executive Director
KidSport Alberta offers a competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits include basic life insurance, dental and extended health coverage (after 60 days of employment) and the opportunity for RSP match (after 1 year of employment).
If you are the energetic, highly motivated team player that we are looking for, please apply by Wednesday, August 18, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org