APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Cranbrook provides grants of up to $300 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can make a referral to a partner agency. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Cranbrook uses Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Applications will be considered when without KidSport support the child would not be able to participate in the sport
- Children ages 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant
- Grants are to be used for the payment of sport participation/registration fees up to the maximum established by the chapter
- Camps, equipment, lessons, travel to playoffs, fundraising, championships, etc. are not eligible expenses
- Applications must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport
- Sport activities must demonstrate a sustained sport experience (a season of sport led by a qualified coach) and the sport activity must be affiliated with the member sport organizations of Sport BC
- Applications must be filled out completely
KidSport™ considers the social and economic barriers facing the athlete’s family when determining eligibility for funding. To help manage the increased demand and to ensure fair distribution of funding, the following screening criteria will be applied:
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified as quickly as possible
- Canada Revenue Agency low-income guidelines are used in determining eligibility
Sport Organization or School Name
- Local club must be a current member of a provincial sport governing body through Sport BC (www.sportbc.com)
- Sport activities must demonstrate a sustained sport experience led by a qualified coach
- Only seasons of sport through community sport clubs or approved school programs are eligible for funding
- Arq Climbing
- Cranbrook Badminton Club
- Cranbrook Curling Centre
- Cranbrook Minor Ball
- Cranbrook Minor Hockey
- Cranbrook Skating Club
- Eagles Boxing
- East Kootenay Volleyball Club
- Easy Kootenay Adaptive Snowsports
- Judo - The Rocky Mountain Nippon BudoKai
- Key City Gymnastics
- KEYSA – Soccer
- Kimberley Alpine Club - Skiing
- Lacrosse (Badgers Sports)
- White Tiger Tae Kwon Do
- School sports
Parent/Guardian & Financial Income
- A parent or guardian must initiate the application on behalf of the athlete applicant
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure the application is complete and submitted to KidSport™
- The income guidelines are used for funding eligibility decisions
- Combined family income includes income from all supporting family members
- A copy of your previous year’s net income (Income Tax Return) is requested for verification of financial status and must be uploaded in the documents and attachments section
Once the completed application is received and approved by KidSport™, a cheque will be sent directly to the sport organization
Please allow a minimum of 60 days for review of the application; processing time will vary depending on the availability of funds
Notification of the status of the application will be sent to the parent or guardian via email as soon as possible. If the application is approved, a copy of the letter of notification may also be sent to the sport/recreation organization specified on the application and other sport organizations as required. The parent, guardian, or sport/recreation organization must notify the KidSport™ chapter in their area or KidSport™ BC if the athlete withdraws from the sport activity. The grant must be used by the athlete for whom the grant was approved; no portion of the grant can be transferred to someone else.
Privacy / Confidentiality
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 60 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
Paper applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Aquatics Desk in Western Financial Place, 1777 2nd Street North, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G9
You can also submit a paper application by mail or e-mail to:
117 19th Street South
Or, send us a paper application:
Need Some Help?
We’re always happy to answer your questions. Please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org