KidSport British Columbia
If your community doesn’t have a local chapter yet, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport British Columbia provides grants of up to $400 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport British Columbia uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
- Applications will be considered when without KidSport support the child would not be able to participate in the sport
- Children ages 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant
- Grants of a maximum of $400 are to be used for the payment of sport participation/registration fees
- Camps, equipment, lessons, travel to playoffs, fundraising, championships, etc. are not eligible expenses
- Only one application per calendar year, for one eligible sport, may be submitted
- Applications must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport
- Sport activities must demonstrate a sustained sport experience (a season of sport led by a qualified coach) and the sport activity must be affiliated with the member sport organizations of Sport BC
- Incomplete applications will be returned
- Bullying and/or harassment of volunteers may result in immediate disapproval of your application
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
#250 - 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC V6C 3C1
Register here to apply for a grant
Or, send us a paper application: