APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids (18 years and younger) from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Antigonish provides grants of up to $300 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know! If the child needs equipment, we will provide a voucher so you can get the right gear from our equipment partner Cleve’s Source for Sports. Grants are intended to be used for sport registration and equipment fees; travel and competition fees are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Antigonish uses a Notice of Assessment, an endorsement from the Department of Community Services or an endorsement from Indigenous Social Development to determine financial eligibility for grants.
If applying with a Notice of Assessment (one for each parent/guardian in the household) please ensure your total income does not exceed the cut offs listed below for your family size:
2 person family - $33,141
3 person family - $40,743
4 person family - $49,467
5 person family - $56,105
6 person family - $63,276
7 person family or more - $70,449
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or to apply to the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days from the deadline you are applying for.
- Our application deadline dates are the first working day in the months of January, March, May, July, September, October and November.
- If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
285 Beech Hill Road
Beech Hill, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 863-5751
Phone: (902) 863-1141
Or, send us a paper application: