If your community doesn’t have a local chapter yet, don’t worry! You can still apply for a KidSport grant through the Provincial Fund.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Saskatchewan provides grants of up to $500 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees.
Equipment, dance, camps (including sport camps), specialized training, high performance sports, travel, clothing, tournaments, fundraising fees and competitions are not eligible for funding.
- Families that are low-income and facing financial barriers.
- Grants are for children and youth 5 to 18 years of age.
- Amateur sport programs.
- The sport activity has not started.
- Costs related to camps, travel, tournaments, clothing, championships, high performance, fundraising fees do not qualify.
- Dance is not covered.
- Generally accepted sport activities are those recognized and/or sanctioned by the member organizations of Sask Sport.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to email@example.com.
Or apply via a paper application:
Need Some Help?
how do i apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding. It will be up to the sport if they allow registration prior to registration fees being paid.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or if your community is not listed please apply to the provincial fund.
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant. You must apply prior to the start of the sport.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
1870 Lorne St.
Regina, SK S4P 2L7
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click Apply Online Now button.
- You will be required to set up a profile using your email address.
- Once you have registered your email, a verification message will be sent to your email, and will include your temporary password. The password can be changed when you login.
- When you start your new application, click Chapter by List and choose your KidSport chapter.
- Your application can be saved at any time while filling it out. If you don’t have all of the information requested, you can save and return.
- Once you have completed the full application, click submit.
KidSport can provide a Program Grant to support sport programs offered through a non-profit organization that maximizes participation opportunities for eligible KidSport kids.
The use of KidSport funds must be compatible with the goals and objectives of KidSport with regards to servicing youth ages 5-18 years from financially disadvantaged families being inclusive of financial support.
See application for full details.
** Here is an example to help in guiding you on how to fill out Program Grant form for your organization: Program Grant Example.
** For help in guiding on how to fill out a Program Grant Follow up Report, see: Follow up Report Example.