KidSport Calgary & Area
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Start your application here. Scroll down to learn more about our program and get answers to all of your questions.
*Please note: Children must be registered in the sport program you are applying for before submitting your KidSport application.
What is a Grant?
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Calgary & Area provides grants of up to $300 per eligible child, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees.
Do you need equipment in order to play? Let us know, and we can get you an appointment set up with our sports bank. KidSport grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel and competitions are not eligible for funding.
KidSport Calgary & Area uses the following eligibility requirements to determine financial eligibility for grants provided through the Provincial Fund.
Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
Families must provide one of the following documents for ALL ADULTS in the household
- Notice of Assessment (most recent tax year)
- Canada Child Benefit Notice
- Income Support (Alberta Works, EI)
- Proof of City of Calgary Fair Entry or Airdrie Fee Assistance
- Current Subsidized Housing Letter
**If you are unable to provide any of the documents listed above please contact our office directly.
Grants are allocated for qualified sport registration fees and no cost equipment from Comrie’s Sports Bank; travel and accommodations to competitions are not eligible for funding.
Please note you will NOT be reimbursed for equipment purchased.
If you are unsure of your eligibility to receive a grant, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Apply?
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
You can submit a paper application by mail, fax or e-mail:
Mail - 3555 52nd Street SE, Calgary AB T2B 3R3 (the office is not open to the public)
Fax - 403-202-1961
Email - email@example.com
Or, send us a paper application:
APPLYING FOR HOCKEY?
Apply for the Flames EvenStrength Program!