KidSport Calgary & Area
There are so many ways you can make it So ALL Kids Can Play! Find your way and join the KidSport Calgary & Area team.
KidSport Calgary & Area exists because of our incredible partners and enthusiastic volunteers. Whether you’re an avid sports fan, believe that health and wellness are critical to childhood success, or simply want to make your community a better place, we want you on our team!
We are continually searching for more volunteers to assist in a number of essential roles, in a variety of fun events and activities throughout the year. Opportunities range from one-off support at our fundraising events, admin support in the office, equipment sorting and outfitting support with our Calgary Flames Sports Bank, to strategic positions with one of our board committees. You can even volunteer to plan your own fundraiser, and really get into the spirit of KidSport!
If you’re interested in being part of the enthusiastic, Calgary & Area team that makes it So ALL Kids Can Play! Please get in touch! Send an email outlining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 403-202-0251. Thanks for your interest in supporting our cause.
How to Apply
donate your empties
Sign up for our KidSport Recycling Program and have our team pick up your empties at NO COST right from your doorstep! Saves you a trip to the depot and gives you the chance to turn your empties into sport opportunities for local kids who need our assist. Help us make it so no kid is left on the sideline!
get started today
Text 403-680-8776 to schedule your next pick up!
HOST AN EVENT
Make KidSport your charity of choice for golf tournaments, weddings, birthdays or recognize someone in the community through a tribute donation. KidSport is a great fit for any community event.
KidSport is also a great way to bring your workplace together: Events like Jeans/ Jersey Fridays, holiday parties, client appreciation events, golf tournaments, bottle drives with our KidSport Recycling Program, office olympics, 50/50’s and office sport pools are all made better by adding a charitable component. Donate a portion or all of the proceeds to KidSport Calgary & Area.
Need help getting started? Get in touch - we’re game for whatever you can dream up!
Get Started Today
Jump right in & take a look at our Third-Party Toolkit to start planning your event. You'll find a fundraising guide and our Fundraising Agreement to get the ball rolling.
Have a question? Reach out to Kelly Oehlerking at: email@example.com
HOST A FUNDRAiSER
Peer to Peer - Create a Team - Join a Team - Have Fun
Register your own team or join an existing team as you have some fun raising some dollars for your local KidSport chapter.
Challenge your coworkers, your clients, friends, family, teammates, other clubs or teams in your sport, your partners or community as you help raise much needed dollars to help your local KidSport chapter get more kids in your community back to sport.
Share your link on social media and let us help you promote. Use the hashtags #KidSport & #SoALLKidsCanPlay
Need help with ideas or getting set up? You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Started Today
Create your own online portal to share with friends to support your celebration, event, or community challenge.
BECOME A SPORT CLUB CHAMPION
If you are part of a club and want to make your sport more accessible to local kids facing financial barriers, KidSport Calgary & Area can help. Encourage families to apply for a KidSport grant at registration time, So ALL Kids Can Play!
Our sport club partners do so much more than deliver the programming that gets kids into the game - many also fundraise for KidSport, and donate leftover funds at the end of the season - tapping into the real power of kids helping kids.
Join us in becoming a sport club champion with KidSport Calgary & Area in our mission of giving the gift of sport to all kids! Contact Lisa Parham email@example.com to discuss partnership opportunities.
Let's Work TOGETHER SO ALL KIDS CAN PLAY!
Other ways to help
- Become a corporate sponsor or donate to our Back To Sport Program.
- Make Bro'kin Yolk your go-to brunch spot! $1 from every Q Water sold is donated to KidSport Calgary & Area
- Donate your Aeroplan Miles to give the gift of sport!
- Support a fundraiser while shopping at Mabel's Labels! Choose KidSport Calgary as your charity-of-choice and then start adding to your cart!
- Keep your feet warm with socks from Friday Sock Co. 50% of the profits are donated So ALL Kids Can Play!
- When you sign up for electricity services with Spot Power, a portion of the money you pay for your electricity consumption each month will go directly back to KidSport Calgary. You are already spending money on your electricity, why not have some of that money be used to help get more local kids off the sidelines, and into the game through KidSport?
- Get your home or office cleaned by our partners at EFS Clean Help us support this great local business that is keeping our office and team clean and safe!
- Do you donate through the United Way? Did you know you can direct those funds to a charity of your choice? Fill out this form and submit it to your United Way rep in your office to see your contributions support KidSport Calgary.