KidSport Calgary hosted it’s first-ever City Wide Bottle Drive on Labour Day with the goal of collecting 200,000 containers to raise funds for their Back To Sport Project. We saw people from all corners of the city come together to help local kids in need play a season of sport. Thanks to the generous donations from our community…
- A total of 36,172 containers collected – not our goal, but still very impactful
- The containers collected raised $4,020.85
- $1,000 in donations were made that day through some very generous individuals
- This led to a total of $5,020.85 that was then matched dollar for dollar by our amazing partners at Weston Foods!
- We also did some good for our environment as keeping these empties out of the blue bin and our landfills means we eliminated 3,514 kg of greenhouse gas, saved 12,048 KWH of energy and kept 1,849 kg of waste from the landfill!
- Throughout the day we were also able to promote our KidSport Recycling program and the year round pick up service people can utilize at no cost by calling or texting 403-680-8776
Thank you to all who donated, all our volunteers, and our partners for helping make this event come to life! Start saving your empties for 2022 as we hope to make this City-Wide Bottle Drive a yearly event in the Calgary Community to continue to get kids off the sidelines and into the game #SoALLKidsCanPlay.
Special thanks to some of the key partners who helped make this event and day possible!
Sportsnet 960 The Fan
ICONIC Electric and Controls
and our venue partners – WinSport, Woodridge Ford, Respsol Sports Centre and VIVO