Hockey Assist Program

Let's get kids out of the stands and onto the ice this year!

What is the Oil Country Hockey Assist Program (HAP)?

The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation (EOCF), KidSport Alberta & Sport Central have teamed up to launch the KidSport Oil Country Hockey Assist Program!

Read the full Press Release.

This initiative will support communities in Oil Country by alleviating the cost of playing hockey for kids from underrepresented groups. The reality is that hockey is expensive and the cost to participate can be unattainable for families.

Together, we will ensure that ALL kids in Oil Country can play hockey.

Since 1998, KidSport Alberta has supported thousands of local minor hockey players so they can play the game that they love.

**Please note that in order to apply for funding, your player(s) must already be registered/registering with a minor hockey association within Oil Country.



living outside of our chapter boundaries?

If your family is living within Oil Country (Red Deer County & North) but outside of the chapter boundaries listed below,  you can still apply for a KidSport grant through our Provincial Fund.

Please scroll down to see if a chapter near you covers the area you live in before applying to the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund.

Once you have found your association/program,  follow these steps:

Step 1: Register with your local hockey association

Step 2: Apply for funding through the KidSport Provincial Fund

Step 3: If you require equipment, KidSport Alberta will connect you with our equipment partner, Sport Central.


Approved applicants within Oil Country will have their full registration fees covered and have access to no-cost equipment from Sport Central.


For all families living and playing hockey in Oil Country that live outside of our chapter boundaries requiring assistance through the Oil Country Hockey Assist Program, please apply by clicking the button below.

living within one of our chapters in Oil Country?

If your family is living within the boundaries of one of our chapters listed below, you can apply directly through your local KidSport chapter to access the Oil Country Hockey Assist Program.


If your family is living within one of our 25 KidSport chapters in Oil Country, visit their specific Oil Country Hockey Assist pages to complete your application.

DoES your child need EQUIPMENT?

KidSport chapters refer families to Sport Central to provide necessary equipment for the Oil Country Hockey Assist Program.

Sport Central is located in Edmonton. For families located outside of Edmonton area, there are options available. A remote sizing kit can be sent to you and no-cost equipment shipment options are available through our trusted partner Rosenau Transport Ltd.


COMMON Questions