With so much uncertainty around sports over the past year, we wanted to make sure that local kids in need had the opportunity to get active this Spring and Summer. With the help of our incredible partners and powered by the Flames Foundation, we were able to create our Back to Sport Play Packs!
Alongside the Calgary Flames Sports Bank, we distributed 300 Play Packs to families across Calgary & Area. Each Play Pack included brand new equipment for the child(ren) to try out at home along with drills, tips, and a water bottle from Squeeze YYC so that they had the resources they needed to play with their new gear!
Thank you to all of our partners for helping us bring these Play Packs to life and for making it So ALL Kids Can Play! We can't wait to see these Play Packs in action.
Apply or nominate a family
Do you think you or someone you know could really use a Play Pack this Spring & Summer? Apply or Nominate a family to receive a Back to Sport Play Pack by filling out the form below!
behind the scenes
play pack partners
We wouldn't have been able to create the Summer Sport Play Packs without the support of our incredible partners!
Skills, Drills & Tips
- Click HERE for AusKick's Footy at home series. This is a series of at-home activities that kids can do at home or at a local park by themselves or with a friend/ family member.
- Visit AusKick for a series of game-like activities like crosswords, word searches, spot the difference etc.
- Click HERE to sign up for more information about upcoming AusKick programs
- Click HERE to learn more about AusKick and KangaKick programs in Calgary
- Head to Gao Badminton to learn more about the sport of badminton and how to register.
Baseball & Softball
- Click HERE for backyard tips for Baseball from Little League University
- Want to register in Baseball? Find your association in the North or in the South.
- Register for Softball here.
- Head to Calgary Minor Basketball to learn more about basketball and how to register.
- Click HERE for Football Drills from the Stampeders' Marc Mueller & Marquay McDaniel
- Want to register for Football? Visit Football Alberta for a list of local associations.
- Learn more about our parner the Calgary Stampeder's Foundation and what they do in our community.
- Head to the Calgary Handball Club to learn about the sport of Handball and how to register
- Click HERE for Hockey Drills from the Hitmen's Assistant Coach Joel Otto.
- Want to learn more about hockey or how to register? Visit Hockey Calgary to see which association is in your area.
- Learn more about the Hitmen Foundation and the Calgary Hitmen HERE.
- Click HERE for an introduction to Jump Rope and basic skills from Skip Time
- Learn more about our partner Skip Time and find out how to register for Jump Rope.
- Click HERE for Lacrosse Drills from the Roughnecks' Head Coach Curt Malawsky
- Click HERE to learn more about our partners at ELEV8 Lacrosse, the sport of Lacrosse and how to register
- Check out what's going on with our partners the Roughnecks Foundation
- Click HERE for Rugby Drills
- Visit Calgary Rugby Union to learn more about the sport, see a list of local clubs, and learn how to register.
- Click HERE for Soccer Drills & Skills from the Cavalry FC
- Check out the Cavalry FC YouTube Channel
- Visit Calgary Minor Soccer to learn more about the sport and how to register.
- Head to our partner Osten & Victor Alberta Tennis Centre's website to learn more about the sport of Tennis and how to register.
- Click HERE for Drills & Skills for Ultimate
- Check out our partners Calgary Ultimate for more information about the sport and the latest news regarding Ultimate in Calgary.
- Want to register for Ultimate? Visit Calgary Juniors Ultimate
Equipment from the Calgary Flames Sports Bank
- Head to the Calgary Flames Sports Bank to learn more about no-cost equipment and what the organization is doing for kids across Southern Alberta.
Special thanks to our local retail partners Tuxedo Source For Sports and B&P Cycle who were strong supporters of getting this program off the ground. If you need a local sports store be sure to check them out.