Build stronger communities by growing the game of hockey in Oil Country.

what is the KidSport Oil Country Hockey Assist Program?

The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation and KidSport Alberta have teamed up to launch the KidSport Oil Country Hockey Assist Program!

The reality is that hockey is expensive and the cost to participate can be unattainable for families. We will support communities in Oil Country by covering the cost of playing hockey and learn-to-skate programs for kids from underrepresented groups.

Together, we will ensure ALL kids in Oil Country can play hockey.

Families will apply to KidSport as usual to access the KidSport Oil Country Hockey Assist Program. Approved applicants within Oil Country will have their full registration fees* covered and have access to no-cost equipment from Sport Central.

*Full registration fees, up to $5,000 will be covered for eligible families*

**Please note that in order to apply for funding, your player(s) must already be registered/registering with a minor hockey association within Oil Country.


How do I apply?

In order to apply for the KidSport Oil Country Hockey Assist Program,  first register with your local hockey association.

After registering, apply for KidSport funding through our standard application process.

Funding can be accessed through the following avenues:

living in Edmonton?


DoES your child need EQUIPMENT?

KidSport chapters refer families to Sport Central to provide necessary equipment for the Oil Country Hockey Assist Program.

Sport Central is located in Edmonton. For families located outside of Edmonton area, there are options available. A remote sizing kit can be sent to you and no-cost equipment shipment options are available through our trusted partner Rosenau Transport Ltd.



We recognize that hockey can be confusing for new players and families. To assist with some questions and basics about hockey, we have created this Hockey 101 Guide to serve as a quick reference.

There are various forms of hockey for all skill levels and age groups, so let's find the best fit for you and your family!

COMMON Questions